Lea Katherine Thompson

Thompson was born in Rochester, Minnesota on May 31st, 1961. Thompson is the fifth child of Clifford Barry Thompson and Barbara Barry Thompson. She is the sister of Coleen Goodrich, Shannon Katona and Barry Katona. Her mother is of Irish descent.She was a ballet student as a young girl, and was dancing professionally at the age of 14, winning scholarship opportunities to the San Francisco Ballet, the Pennsylvania Ballet, and the American Ballet Theatre.When she was 20 years young and had started her professional career with American Ballet Theatre's Studio Company (then known as ABT II), the moment arrived to decide if she should join the company's main stage. Mikhail baryshnikov was the artistic director at the time, said to her "You're an amazing dancer but you're just too big." It was her "epiphany" and she said it was the turning point that caused me to quit dancing and stop being the ballet dancer. That was an incredible moment. I could have smashed my head on the wall for 10 years. "[She changed to acting. She relocated to New York at the age of 20 and appeared in a variety of Burger King commercials in the 1980s along with Sarah Michelle Gellar. Her co-star in Back to the Future Part II was Elisabeth Shue. Jaws 3-D was her film debut in 1983. I said I was able to water ski. However, I didn't. Because I was required by law to be a part of the Sea World water-skiing program, I was given five days in which to master the basics of water skiing. I have no idea what swimming is!" This was followed by All the Right Moves (1983), Red Dawn (84) and The Wild Life (84).






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kelly Nash

Rashida Jones

Magda Apanowicz